The best Vegan Yule Log recipe you must try to impress your family and friends for Christmas. A special dessert made with simple ingredients yet so delicious and easy to make.
Vegan Yule Log / Buche de Noel
This fabulous vegan yule log or Buche de Noel recipe can be an excellent dessert option for Christmas, especially for vegans or people with egg and lactose allergies. So, if you love chocolate as much as we do, this recipe is exactly what you need!
We wanted to keep this yule log recipe as simple as possible and focus more on the technique. Follow these tips to make a perfect Buche de Noel.
Follow these two simple rules:
Do not overbake: Do not bake for more than 7-8 minutes. Overbaking will create a crispy thin layer that might crack.
Use a kitchen towel: Use a kitchen towel to roll the cake. Place the kitchen towel on top of the cake and start rolling it to shape it into a roll while still warm.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE?
To make a vegan chocolate ganache to fill the vegan yule log, you will need just coconut cream and vegan chocolate.
Heat the coconut cream and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Mix it until thoroughly combined. Let it cool down and put it in the fridge. When chilled, mix it until you get a creamy consistency.
Also try: Vegan Christmas Cookies
INGREDIENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGAN YULE LOG:
Ingredients for Buche de Noel
- 200g universal flour
- 75g vegan dark chocolate
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100ml aquafaba (chickpea water)
- 100ml soy milk, or any other plant-based milk
- 35ml oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- 225g vegan dark chocolate
- 150g coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Pinch of salt
- 200g vegan chocolate
- 100ml soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Sieve the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or using the bain-marie method. When melted, combine with oil, soy milk, and aquafaba.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix them well. Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 7 minutes, max 8 minutes if it seems raw. Do not bake for more than 8 minutes.
- Let it cool down on a cooling rack for a few minutes. Place a kitchen towel on top of the cake and start rolling. Put the roll aside while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: Heat the coconut cream in a pot (do not boil). Pour it over the chopped chocolate and mix it until the chocolate it’s fully melted. Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Put the chocolate ganache in the fridge and let it chill. When chilled, mix it well for 10 minutes or until nice and creamy.
- Take the roll and remove the kitchen towel. Spread the ganache evenly and start rolling, removing the baking paper with each roll
- Put the yule log in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate topping.
- Melt the chocolate and incorporate the soy milk. Pour it over the roll and make sure it’s completely covered. Let it thicken in the fridge and make lines that imitate tree bark.
- Now your vegan yule log is ready to be served.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.