These Vegan Potato Croquettes make the perfect snack or appetizer. Crunchy and golden on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside! This is a very easy and delicious oven-baked potato croquette. It can be made gluten-free and stuffed with corn, vegan cheese, mushrooms, and fresh herbs.
Vegan Potato Croquettes – Baked not Fried!
Potatoes are a versatile staple in every household! You can make so many delicious recipes out of it. I made so many healthy, vegan dishes with potatoes, like these vegan potato croquettes.
Must try another easy recipe, aloo tikki burger recipe, Indian potato burger patties.
The Perfect Snack for Guests and Family
Our vegan potato croquettes recipe will come in handy if you have numerous family or guests coming over. You don’t require master chef skills to make them, it’s so easy!
What Are Vegan Potato Croquettes?
Mashed potatoes mixed with cheese, spices, and optionally corn, mushrooms, fresh dill, or parsley shaped in potato croquettes. I’ve grown up in Europe and I know that this is a popular dish in Germany, Romania, France, and Spain.
My mother used to make potato croquettes with cheese quite often. I wanted to change the traditional recipe and make vegan potato croquettes with gluten-free flour. It came out delicious!
How to Make Vegan Potato Croquettes
- 700g potatoes
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 ½ garlic and onion powder each
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Vegan cheese (grated)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup gluten-free flour swap for all-purpose (if desired)
- 1 cup soya milk
- Panko breadcrumbs or swap for GF breadcrumbs
- Pinch of chili flakes or paprika
1. Add the peeled potatoes to a salted boiling water pot. Make sure potatoes are fully covered. Boil for 25 minutes or until soft. Drain and let it cool down.
2. In a bowl, mash potatoes and add flour, vegan butter, garlic/onion powder, nutmeg, vegan cheese, salt, and pepper.
3. Mix it well and start making oval-shaped potato croquettes. Transfer them to a plate.
4. Preheat the oven at 200 C, then add in 3 separated bowls milk, breadcrumbs, and flour.
5. Add the chili flakes or paprika to your breadcrumbs bowl and mix it.
6. Roll the vegan potato croquettes through each bowl and put them on a baking sheet with oil greased parchment paper.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside. If you want to fry them, simply dip them in hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes.
Serve vegan potato croquettes with ketchup, vegan mayonnaise, coriander mint chutney, or any dip of your choice. Read this post in Romanian.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.