This recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies is so good! It is so easy to make, and honestly, my entire family loves it. It is gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free.
Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
I don’t like peanut butter, but it tastes incredible in this recipe. You’ll need just one bowl, a spatula, and a few ingredients to make the most delicious vegan peanut butter brownies at home. So, give it a try and indulge in a sweet treat during weekends.
Choose The Right Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a healthy high-protein spread, popular all over the world. It is made with whole peanuts processed into a thick paste.
When buying peanut butter, you should always check the label, because many brands are selling it as a healthy product but it is made with palm oil, sugar, salt, and other preservatives. Natural peanut butter should contain only roasted peanuts and nothing else.
You can make it at home easily with a high-power blender or a food processor, and use it to make delicious a vegan peanut butter brownies.
Also try: Vegan banana oat flour pancakes
Ingredients Needed for Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
Oat Flour: I used oat flour but it can be replaced with a mix of gluten-free flour or universal flour if you don’t want it gluten-free.
Sugar: For a healthier option choose coconut sugar, maple syrup, or stevia sweetener.
Chocolate chips: I add some extra chocolate because I love chocolate! 😀
Apple Sauce: Use unsweetened apple sauce because there’s no better egg substitute than this for our vegan brownie.
Vegan Butter: I recommend using vegan butter to get a perfect texture, but coconut oil works too.
Peanut Butter: Use unsweetened creamy peanut butter.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
Add less sugar: use less sugar or add a healthier option such as stevia or maple syrup.
Peanut butter: can be easily swapped with almond butter or any other nut butter of your choice.
Gluten-free flour: Use all-purpose flour if you don’t have a gluten problem.
Use apple sauce: This ingredient adds texture, so you better not skip it or sub with something else.
So, these were the notes about ingredients, leave your questions in the comments section. Alright my lovelies, let’s start baking our vegan peanut butter brownies!
Must try: Vegan peanut butter cookies
– 1 cup oat flour, sub for GF flour, all-purpose flour
– ½ cup vegan butter, sub for coconut oil
– ½ cup sugar, sub for coconut sugar, stevia, or maple syrup
– ¼ cup almond milk
– 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 2 tbsp baking powder
– 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the peanut butter
– ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– ¼ cup maple syrup
– 113g vegan butter, at room temperature
Vegan Peanut Butter Brownie
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line baking paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter with sugar. Then add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and apple sauce and give it a mix.
3. Sift the oat flour with cocoa and baking soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and fold them gently. Do not overmix!
5. Incorporate the chocolate chips and save some to sprinkle on top of the brownie.
6. Pour the mixture on a baking sheet and prepare the peanut butter.
1. Mix all the ingredients needed in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until a thick paste has formed.
3. Scoop out from the peanut butter mixture and put it on the brownie from place to place. Form swirls with a knife or chopsticks.
4. Now bake it for 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool down for 10 minutes on a cooling rack, then serve yummy vegan peanut butter brownies with a scoop of ice cream and some chocolate chips.