This vegan orange pound cake is a delicious choice for festive occasions. It is made with orange juice and another fruit of your choice if desired. Pair it with dried apricots, fresh cranberries, and a dash of orange vanilla glaze on top.
Vegan Orange Pound Cake
I’m a big fan of oranges and cranberries. If you also like these two ingredients, as much as I do, put them together in a delicious vegan orange pound cake! You can feel the orange flavor with every bite.
I love to pour some delicious orange-flavored vanilla glaze, and orange slices on top of my vegan orange cake. These are my choices, but you can skip them if you like to have a simple cake. Simply dust it over with some vanilla-flavored powdered sugar.
The Perfect Dessert of All Times
This vegan orange cake requires minimal labor and is the perfect dessert for kids and guests. Make it for Easter, Christmas, or any other special occasion.
Want more vegan pound cake recipes? Try these!
Vegan Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake
How to Make Vegan Orange Pound Cake
The steps for this vegan orange cake are quite simple. Just mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, pour the wet ingredients and mix it gently. Next, add 1 cup of the fruit of your choice, and gently fold them into the batter. Carefully, you do not want to overmix it!
- 2 + 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ neutral oil (sunflower or canola oil)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or dried apricots
- 1 tsp orange zest
Orange Vanilla Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking Method for Vegan Orange Pound Cake
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until fully combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the oil, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and orange juice.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones and give it a mix. Do not overmix it. Add 1 cup of the fruit of your choice to the batter and gently fold them.
5. Pour the vegan orange pound cake batter into the prepared loaf tin. Sprinkle on top some cranberries/dried apricots, and orange zest.
6. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until it looks nice and golden on top, and a toothpick comes out clean from its center.
7. Make the orange and vanilla glaze by mixing all the ingredients. Add more powdered sugar if the mixture is too runny or add more almond milk if too thick.
8. Let the vegan orange cake cool down completely before slicing and serve it with a nice cup of tea.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.