Vegan mango tapioca pudding – Creamy, and delicious vegan summer dessert prepared with tapioca pearls, coconut milk, and mango pulp. This is refreshing gluten and sugar-free dessert you must try once.
Vegan Mango Tapioca Pudding
The Indians love making tapioca pudding after keeping religious fasting because it provides the body with energy due to its carbohydrate content. Despite giving energy, this vegan mango tapioca pudding it’s so easy to make with simple ingredients.
This recipe is inspired by the popular Indian dish called mango phirni or mango rice pudding. Mango and coconut milk make an ideal combination to get the best vegan tapioca pudding.
More mango recipes:
Ingredients Needed to Make Vegan Mango Tapioca Pudding
To make this recipe you’ll be needing the following ingredients:
Coconut milk: this works great if you like a nuttier flavor in your pudding, but you can use a mix of almond milk and coconut milk to get a less nutty flavor. We used a mix of almond milk and coconut milk.
Tapioca: we’ve used medium size tapioca pearls.
Maple Syrup: use maple syrup or any other healthier substitute for refined sugar.
Mango Pulp: use fresh or canned mango pulp.
Mint and Coconut Flakes for garnishing
How to Make Best Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding
Start by washing and soaking the tapioca pearls in cold water for 1-2 hours.
Pour the almond milk and water into a pot and bring it to a boil. When it starts boiling, add the coconut milk, and soaked tapioca pearls. Boil it to low flame for about 8-9 minutes.
Turn off the flame and add mango pulp and maple syrup. Mix until fully combined. Refrigerate for a few hours. Transfer into a bowl and garnish with fresh mint leaves and coconut flakes.
If you try this vegan mango tapioca pudding, don’t forget to tag your photo @adnanaalexe.ro on Instagram, and make sure to follow for more vegan recipes.
Best Vegan Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding
– ½ cup, 200ml tapioca pearls, soaked
– ¾ cup, 177ml coconut milk
– 1 + ¼ cups, 300ml almond milk
– ½ cup, 200ml water
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– ¾ cup mango pulp, fresh or canned
– Unsweetened coconut flakes
– Mint leaves
1. Wash tapioca pearls and soak them in sufficient water for 1-2 hours.
2. In a pot, add water and almond milk. When it starts boiling, pour coconut milk and soaked tapioca.
3. Reduce the flame to low, and boil for 8-9 minutes stirring frequently until soft and translucid.
4. Turn off the flame and incorporate the mango pulp and maple syrup.
5. (Note) If you choose to add sugar make sure to add it to the pudding and boil it for 2-3 minutes then turn off the flame.
6. Transfer into a bowl and let it refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
7. Serve with mint leaves and coconut flakes.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.