I love this Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf – It goes great with coffee or tea in the morning at breakfast. The best thing about it is that it can be prepared with whole wheat flour for some extra fiber or even with gluten-free flour for a gluten-free version.
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
This cake is the best accompaniment for my morning coffee. It’s so fluffy and delicious, flavored with lemon and poppy seed. It’s egg-free and dairy-free, which means it can be made by anyone, be it vegans/vegetarians and those with allergies. You are going to love this vegan lemon poppy seed loaf.
THE PERFECT DESSERT FOR COFFEE!
Seriously now! Forget about that boring cereal bowl pair it with a cup of warm coffee for breakfast. Take with you on a picnic, serve this to your guests with a cup of tea.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN LEMON POPPY SEED LOAF?
This recipe is not quite yellowish as many recipes you might have seen before. I chose not to use food color. You can replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour.
What makes this vegan lemon poppy seed loaf so fantastic? The poppy seeds and lemon flavor! I love poppy seed over bagels, bread, etc.
VEGAN LEMON POPPY SEED LOAF
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or swap to whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 + ¼ cups vegan milk (almond or soya)
- ½ cup neutral oil (canola or sunflower)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 190 C. Grease a loaf tin and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Now, in a medium bowl, add all the wet ingredients. Pour them over the dry mixture and gently mix. Do not overmix it.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 50 – 55 minutes. Turn the loaf tin after 25 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick if it comes out clean means your cake is ready.
- Let it cool down on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the lemon icing by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle the icing all over the cooled cake.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes before slicing this delicious, vegan lemon poppy seed loaf.