This is the perfect solution if you are looking for a refreshing cake recipe, rich in fruit and natural, suitable for any special occasion or even for an ordinary day. This vegan fruit tart is full of fruit, healthy and perfect for beginners in the kitchen!
Vegan Fruit Tart and Vanilla Cream
We recommend you a vegan fruit tart and vanilla cream, is as good and delicious as the one you find in confectioners, maybe even better. You can make it with pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, apples, etc. Besides the fact that it looks great, vegan fruit tart it’s a real treat.
If you want to enjoy something sweet and healthy, at the same time, you can try it too. You don’t have to be a vegan to make a vegan tart. Neither I am, although I avoid animal products as much as possible.
- 300 grams of flour
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 50 gr. of sugar (if you want a healthy and sugar-free tart you can use stevia or birch sugar)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or a sachet of vanilla sugar
- A few spoons of water (as needed)
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
Also, read: Matcha energizing balls-diet snack
For vanilla cream we need:
- 300 ml. milk (oats, almonds, soy, rice, coconuts, etc.)
- 100 g sugar (according to your preference)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or a vanilla sugar sachet
- 3 tablespoons flour
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of turmeric (for color)
Ingredients for decoration:
- Pineapple, kiwi, orange, raspberry, strawberry, etc.
- Agar-Agar Powder
And now that we know what ingredients we need, let’s get to work.
- First, we prepare the countertop that has to “rest” 30-35 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl put the sifted flour, sugar, salt, vanilla essence, baking powder, and oil.
- We mix all the ingredients and pour the water enough to form a dough that can be stretched. You will notice that until you pour the water, you will have a crumbly dough.
- When you pour water, it turns into a dough that can stretch. We wrap the dough in food foil and place it in the fridge for 30-35 minutes.
How do we prepare vanilla cream?
- During this time, you can prepare vanilla cream and cut the fruit. For vanilla cream pour milk into a pot that can be put on fire and add sugar, salt, turmeric, and vanilla essence.
- Let the sugar melt continuously stirring and add the flour, be careful not to form lumps, after adding the flour mix continuously with a whisk until the cream thickens. When the cream has thickened we leave it a little more on fire and put it to cool, stirring occasionally.
- We remove the dough from the fridge and knead it a little so that it fits well. If you want to make a single larger vegan fruit tart, roll it with a rolling pin to form a slightly larger sheet.
- Even if it exceeds a little shape, you can cut the edges. The same goes for smaller shapes. You spread several sheets, as much as the shape of the tart.
- Put the dough into shape and shape it with your hand and fingers on the edges. Prick the dough with a fork in several places.
- Put several dried beans or pasta on top to cover the entire surface of the tart. If you do this the vegan fruit tart doesn’t swell too much.
- Bake in the hot oven over medium heat about 35-40 min. (depending on the oven).
- When the tart is ready to remove the beans or pasta (do not throw the beans or the pasta you can use when making another tart) and put the vanilla cream.
- On top, place your favorite fruits and prepare gelatin from agar-agar powder.
- In a small pot, pour a small cup of water and a teaspoon of agar-agar.
- Put the small pot on the fire and when it starts to boil leave it for 3-5 minutes stirring continuously. You will see that the water begins to thicken. Remove it from the fire and let it cool.
- When the gelatin has cooled, pour it over the tart.
- Leave the vegan fruit tart in the fridge for at least half an hour.