Hearty and flavored, this creamy celery soup is incredibly easy healthy, & quick. All you need is just a few ingredients like potatoes, celery, garlic, and fresh herbs. Make this vegan cream of celery soup in 30 minutes or less!
Vegan Cream of Celery Soup
For this recipe, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients. It makes a good light dinner or a quick meal option ready in 30 minutes. Serve this delicious vegan cream of celery soup with naan bread or croutons.
Is This Vegan Cream of Celery Soup Healthy?
Of course, it is! It is made only with whole ingredients. Traditional creamy soups contain cream, but this recipe has veggie broth and vegan butter or olive oil. It is the perfect low-calorie soup in case you’re trying to lose weight.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CREAM OF CELERY SOUP
– 6 celery ribs with leaves (finely chopped)
– ¼ cup vegan butter or one tablespoon olive oil (use ½ cup water for fat-free version).
– 1 medium leek (chopped)
– 1 yellow onion (chopped)
– 4 garlic cloves (minced)
– 5 medium potatoes (cubed)
– 4 cups vegetable broth or water
– 1 bay leaf
– ¼ cup fresh dill + ½ cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
– Salt and pepper to taste
Must try: Avocado Garlic Butter Spread
1. In a pot, heat the vegan butter or olive oil, add the bay leaf, chopped onion, garlic, leek, potatoes, and salt. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the vegetable broth, and bring it to the boiling point. Turn the flame to medium-low and boil until potatoes are tender.
3. Remove the pot from heat and add freshly chopped dill and parsley. Stir it, remove the bay leaf and blend it in a blender or with an immersion blender until creamy.
4. Serve creamy celery soup hot during winter and cold during hot summer days topped with parsley and vegan cream.
5. Store the leftovers in the fridge for five days or portion in freezer-safe containers and freeze it up to 2 months.
Did you try this recipe for vegan cream of celery soup? Make sure you do! It’s so yummy and healthy!