This simple recipe for Vegan Cinnamon Cookies is a perfect Christmas treat! These cinnamon stars are divine and work during the winter festive season as a sweet snack or as decoration for your favorite cakes and pies.
Vegan Cinnamon Cookies
These are probably the easiest Vegan Cinnamon Cookies out there! It is flourless, eggless, dairy, and egg-free. So, it can be prepared by vegans, vegetarians, and those with egg, dairy, and gluten allergies.
Easy Cinnamon Stars
These cinnamon stars called, Zimtsterne, is traditionally made in Germany and it can be found easily and any bakery or grocery shop. However, it can be made at home using simple ingredients.
Christmas’s just around the corner and you can give it a try to impress your guests or bake sweet treats for your family.
Festive Cinnamon Cookies
So, most of the cookies recipe requires butter, eggs, dairy, flour to get soft cookies. If you are avoiding all these ingredients, then this recipe for vegan cinnamon cookies might be exactly what you need!
- Ground almond and hazelnuts: to make gluten-free cookies you’ll need a mix of almond and hazelnut flour. You can make it yourself by pulsing it a few times in a kitchen processor or blender.
- Powdered sugar: this ingredient sweetens, softens, and adds a chewy texture to our cookies.
- Ground cinnamon: nothing reminds me of the Christmas spirit except the amazing cinnamon flavor.
- Lemon juice: it adds a little bit of tangy citrusy flavor.
- Water: helps bind all the ingredients together.
- Sea salt: this is optional but you can sprinkle a bit on the top to intensify the flavors.
- Vanilla extract: this is optional but I love vanilla.
- Powdered sugar, lemon juice, and water: these three ingredients will be needed for glazing.
Tips for Best Vegan Cinnamon Cookies
If you cannot find readymade almond and hazelnut flour in the stores, add the almonds and hazelnuts in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times. Do not overmix because you might end up with nut butter.
Roll even dough because it will help at baking. Let it cool down completely before brushing the glaze.
Sprinkle sea salt, sprinkles, or anything else on top of your vegan cinnamon cookies.
How to Store Vegan Cinnamon Stars
It can last for 30 days stored in an airtight jar. Freeze it for 3 months.
More Christmas Recipes:
Vegan Cinnamon Cookies
– 80g almond flour, (ground almonds)
– 110 hazelnuts flour, (ground hazelnuts)
– 50g powdered sugar
– 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tbsp lemon juice,
– 2-3 tbsps water
– ½ tsp vanilla extract, optional
– Sea salt for sprinkling, optional
– 60g powdered sugar
– 1 tbsp lemon juice, water, or plant-based milk
1. Mix all the ingredients for cookies in a bowl. Start kneading with your hand until a sticky dough forms.
2. Cover in kitchen foil and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C.
4. Roll the dough between two parchment pieces of paper at 0,24 inches. Use a star-shaped cookie cutter and form stars. Transfer the parchment paper with cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes or until crunchy at the edge.
5. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool down completely. Meanwhile, prepare the sugar lemon glaze.
6. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and brush on each cookie. Let it harden and enjoy Vegan Cinnamon Cookies with a cup of coffee or tea.