This is one of the best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread you’ll ever taste! The texture is so soft and rich. This recipe a must-try for all the chocolate lovers out there!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
So, guys, I made banana bread in the past using just chocolate chips and it came out delicious, but this time I wanted to eat some double chocolate cake, and luckily, I had all the ingredients to make this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread, and guess what?! It’s to die for! I’m very happy with the results.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT DESSERT
Blend the bananas with coconut oil and soya milk. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Make a flaxseed egg and add it to the mix. Add some vanilla essence and fold in some vegan chocolate chips. Bake at 180°C for 60 minutes. Easy peasy, right?
This recipe is a perfect option for your chocolate cravings, and I believe it’s much healthier than a chocolate cake you’ll find in a bakery. Serve it as a dessert or at breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea.
KEYNOTES FOR BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
Use well-ripened bananas: Underripe bananas are high in starch and not suitable for this recipe. You’ll need well-ripe bananas because they are sweeter and lower in starch.
If you are a beginner in the kitchen: For best results, measure the flour.
Don’t overmix: Mix it gently with a spatula or a spoon, and avoid using a mixer.
CAN I MAKE GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD?
Definitely! You can use a gluten-free flour mix or oat flour which you can make at home using a food processor or a blender. Just keep in mind that gluten-free flour tends to absorb more humidity, and it might require a little bit more coconut oil to make it softer.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
The best moist, soft and decadent Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread for all the chocolate lovers out there!
- 250g all-purpose flour or sub for gluten-free flour
- 45g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200g sugar or less (substitute for another sweetener if you want)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 medium ripe bananas (400g peeled)
- 120ml soya milk or any other plant-based milk
- 1 flaxseed egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 170g chocolate chips
1. Start by preheating the oven at 180°C.
2. In a blender, add the banana, vegan milk, and coconut oil. Mix until smooth, don’t overmix because bananas get oxidize fast.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift the flour and cocoa, add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix it well.
4. Meanwhile, make the flax egg, grind one tablespoon of flaxseeds and mix it with three tablespoons hot water. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, add the flax meal egg. Mix it gently until a thick batter forms.
6. Fold in ¾ of the chocolate chip quantity, save ¼ for sprinkling on top.
7. Spray with oil a loaf tin, line it with parchment paper, and pour the chocolate banana bread mixture. Sprinkle on top of banana bread the remaining chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until the toothpick comes out clean from the center. It can be just melted chocolate and not raw batter.
9. When fully baked, let it cool on a cooling rack before slicing.