These Vegan Carrot Muffins are soft and flavorful. Everyone loves these sweet treats, especially the kids! I don’t know why I’ve had the impression that carrots only look good in my soup or stew!!!
Vegan Carrot Muffins / Delicious Carrot Cake Muffins with Crunchy Walnuts
I love cinnamon and nutmeg, and I had to use them in my vegan carrot muffins. It takes 35 minutes to make and it tastes super delicious. Every muffin is full of sweet grated carrots, crunchy walnuts, and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. You have to try this vegan carrot cake muffins recipe.
You can store them at room temperature for 3-4 days or freeze them if you like. Ok, if you can resist not eating more than you should in one day.
How To Make Vegan Carrot Muffins?
Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients and pour them over the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined but do not overmix otherwise muffins won’t rise properly.
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a muffin pan with little oil or use baking paper. Divide the batter equally into each hole and bake for 20-25 minutes. Test the center for doneness using a toothpick or a skewer.
When baked, let them cool for a bit and remove them from the pan. Let the muffins cool completely before serving.
Best Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe
- 2 medium carrots – (190g grated)
- 100g sugar
- 100 ml oil
- 100 ml lemon juice or sparkling water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Between 188 – 200 g flour
- 60 g chopped walnuts
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
1. Add the oil, sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Mix until the sugar is completely dissolved. Incorporate with a spatula the lemon juice, grated carrots, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chopped walnuts.
2. Now sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Do not overmix!
3. Fill ½ of each hole with this mixture (do not overfill, as they will rise).
4. Bake at 180C until golden and pass the toothpick test.
5. Let them cool down on a rack and serve the best vegan carrot muffins.