Vegan carrot cake recipe, moist, hearty, and super delicious! This homemade carrot cake is impressive. The combination between carrots and walnuts takes this cake to the next level. You’re going to love it as much as we do!
Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
You’re going to enjoy eating this homemade carrot cake because it’s delicious, moist, and rich. The leftovers can last well at room temperature for a few days, or you can refrigerate it in a covered recipient for one week. Let’s jump to our delicious vegan carrot cake recipe!
The Perfect Dessert for Special Occasions
Make this homemade carrot cake for your next special occasion, impress your guests and mother-in-law 😀 with the best vegan carrot cake recipe.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp salt
– 1 tsp ground nutmeg
– 2 tsp cinnamon powder
– 250 gr grated carrots
– 300 gr brown sugar
– 2 flaxseed eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp water)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 120 ml canola oil
– 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 100 gr chopped walnuts (optional)
Must-Try: Carrot laddu
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
2. Grease two cake molds and line the bottom with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, sieve the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Add grated carrots and brown sugar.
5. Prepare the vegan eggs by mixing the ground flaxseeds with water. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
6. Mix with flour, oil, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and flaxseed eggs.
7. Mix everything well. The carrots should release water and make mixing easier. Add some soya milk if required.
8. Add the chopped walnuts (if used). Divide the batter into two equal parts in the prepared cake mold.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, check the center with a toothpick. It should come out clean.
10. Let the homemade carrot cake cool down on a cooling rack.
Read this post in Romanian (Prajitura cu Morcovi si Nuci)
Top This Vegan Carrot Cake With Frosting
1. In a mixing bowl, add 450 gr icing sugar, 3 tbsp vegan butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 3 tsp lemon juice.
2. Start mixing at a low speed, add 3-4 drops of lemon juice if the icing is too thick and more sugar if too liquidy.
3. Spread the frosting between the two cake layers and top it with frosting and chopped walnuts.
What do you think about this vegan carrot cake recipe? If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comment section below.