Vegan Biscotti With Almonds and Orange
Imagine what it would be like to start your morning like this: a cup of steaming coffee accompanied by a few vegan biscotti with an intense orange flavor. A true treat for your senses, isn’t it?
Are you ready for one of the best vegan biscotti recipes with oranges and almonds?
Nothing is stopping you to prepare them over the weekend, to enjoy at breakfast with coffee or tea.
Ingredients for vegan biscotti with almonds and orange
- 100 ml of coconut oil (melted)
- 144g sugar
- 120g pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 230g whole wheat flour
- 60g cornflour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 70g roasted almonds (chopped)
- 100g chopped chocolate (optional)
Preparation method for vegan biscotti with almonds and orange
- Preheat the oven at 175° C.
- In a large bowl add coconut oil and sugar.
- Mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Incorporate whole wheat flour, cornflour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Mix until you obtain a homogeny mixture.
- Add almonds, and incorporate it well into the dough.
- Divide the dough into two parts, and make equal rolls.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes, or until it turns golden brown on the edges.
- Cool down, and cut into 8-10 cm pieces. Bake it again for 20 minutes.
- After baking, let vegan biscotti cool down a bit, and dip them in melted chocolate.
- Place them on a tray, and let them cool completely.
We hope you liked our recipe. Keep an eye on our food section for more delicious recipes.