The season of soups is here, so it’s time to try new, quick and easy recipes. This version of tomato soup with tortellini will definitely be your favorite dish because it is based on ingredients that you already have in the storeroom.
Tomato Soup with Tortellini Easy Delicious Recipe!
It is perfect for cold evenings when you need something hot and tasty to warm you up. Serve the tomato soup with tortellini with grated parmesan and homemade bread and maybe a glass of red wine too.
Also try our recipe of: Raspberry chia pudding
Ingredients for Tomato Soup with Tortellini:
–3 tablespoons organic olive oil (for a richer texture, use 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter)
-¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
-1 large chopped onion
-2 garlic cloves
-4 cans of chicken stock
-2 cups of crushed tomatoes
-2 tablespoons of fresh basil
-1 teaspoon Italian spices
-1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
-1 ½ teaspoons of sugar
-3/4 sour cream
-500g tortellini with cheese (or any other type you have – and those with spinach or meat are delicious in this combination)
-2 cups fresh spinach
– grated parmesan
Also Try: Coriander/Mint Chutney Recipe
Cooking Method for Tomato Soup with Tortellini:
- In a large pot, put the olive oil over medium heat, add the chili flakes and onions and cook until all the ingredients have softened. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and crushed tomatoes, increase heat and cook until mixture reaches boiling point. Add the spices, then turn the heat low and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture into a kitchen robot or blender, and mix until you get a and creamy consistency.
- Put the soup back on the stove, add the cream and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Add tortellini and cook for another 5-8 minutes. No more, because otherwise tortellini will disintegrate. Add the spinach and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has softened.
- Transfer the tomato soup into bowls, grate parmesan cheese on top and serve hot!