These Quinoa Broccoli Patties are so simple, delicious, and always a good choice for a healthy vegan meal packed with fiber and protein. These are gluten-free and freezer-friendly.
Vegan Quinoa Broccoli Patties
The cheesy flavor given by the nutritional yeast in combination with broccoli is to die for! Since I’ve turned vegan, I try all kinds of combinations to make delicious yet healthy vegan meals, such as these quinoa broccoli patties.
Pair it with your favorite sauce, vegan cream, salads, or on their own.
What Do You Need to Make Vegan Quinoa Broccoli Patties?
For this recipe, you’ll need two ingredients as a base that helps bind them together, plus some more ingredients to add flavor and texture.
Nutritional Yeast: It adds cheesy flavor, protein, and vitamin B12.
Chickpeas: It will make the base loaded with protein and fiber.
Wholegrain Dijon Mustard: It gives a delicious flavor.
Garlic Powder: Another flavor you want in your quinoa broccoli patties! Replace the powder with fresh garlic if you don’t have it.
Quinoa Flour: This flour is GF and it helps absorbs most of the moisture helping during the cooking process. You don’t want them to fall apart!
The Best Vegan Quinoa Broccoli Burger
Are you trying to increase your protein intake? This recipe is loaded with protein coming from nutritional yeast, chickpeas, and quinoa! You don’t like broccoli? Replace it with cauliflower!
One patty contains around 5 grams of plant-based protein. I love them because it tastes great and keeps me satiated.
Looking for More Ideas? Try These!
Cheesy Quinoa Broccoli Patties – (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
Freezer-friendly vegan quinoa broccoli patties. Make them and store them in the freezer. It comes in handy on those busy days.
Bake it or fry it. Both ways will come out delicious. You can skip the oil for a healthier version.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 400g canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup wholegrain Dijon mustard
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 crushed garlic cloves or (substitute 2 tsp garlic powder)
- Quinoa flour – as much as needed (5 -6 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Steam your broccoli until tender.
2. Let it cool down a bit then, transfer it into a food processor. Pulse into small pieces, then add quinoa, chickpeas, and mustard. Pulse again until a dough formed.
3. Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and start adding 5 tbsp quinoa flour. Mix it with hand until the dough’s texture is good enough to form patties. Add more flour if the mixture is too moist.
4. Put baking paper on a plate and start forming the patties. Transfer them to that plate.
5. If you want to fry them. Add some oil into a pan over medium-high flame. Cook the patties on each side for 3-4 minutes on each side or until brown.
6. If you want to bake them. Preheat the over at 180 C, line a baking paper on a tray, transfer the patties on the tray and bake for 25-30 minutes. Flip them at halfway cooking time.
7. Serve these yummy quinoa broccoli patties with your favorite sauces, salads, or on their own.