OLD IS GOLD 12 UNBELIEVABLE ANCIENT BEAUTY HACKS
• Sugar Waxing – An ancient Egyptian method of hair removal, used since 1900 BC- allegedly by Cleopatra. For ingredients you need:
– 2 cups of sugar
– ¼ cup of lemon juice
– ¼ cup of water
Boil for 20 minutes, after boiling transfer into a bowl and leave to chill.
• Burnt Almonds – Egyptians would paint their eyebrows black with burnt almonds, the unibrow was a popular style of choice. This is one of the most used among Egyptian ancient beauty hacks.
– Burn almonds and then scrape off, use it to add some color to your eyebrows.
• Sandpaper – Ancient Egyptians used sandpaper to remove scars and even tattoos.
– Rub gently on the desired area.
• Castor Oil – Egyptians were the first to use this method for hair & nails.
– Pour some castor oil into a bowl and keep your nails in oil for a few minutes.
• Jade Roller – jade Roller it was one of the ancient beauty hacks used in 7-TH century China to reduce puffiness, also said to tighten pores and improve circulation.
– Massage gently on the face.
• Homemade Toner out of strawberries & wine – 18-TH century ancient beauty hacks method used to lighten complexion.
– Mash strawberries with a fork and add some wine.
• Cabbage – Nursing mothers used cabbage to reduce breast pain, this method is still used today.
– Place cabbage leaves on your breasts.
• Olive Oil – Used by Egyptians as sunscreen, Not to be used for genuine sun protection.
– Massage gently on the desired areas.
• Lemons – Using lemon juice to make your eyes lighter, *FALSE* do not try this at home! Haha
– Apply lemon juice to make your hair lighter, heat from the sun opens hair follicles and lemon juice lifts color. • Rice Powder – Hides blotchiness and redness for a fair complexion, used by Victorians, Greeks & Japanese.
– Apply evenly with a brush.
• Rose Water – Ancient Egyptians used ancient beauty hacks like rose water for hydration & moisturizing, still widely used today.
– Put some hot water in a bowl and add the rose petals & submerge, leave to soak for 15 minutes, then remove the petals. Your rose water is ready.
We hope you liked our list of ancient beauty hacks. Feel free to take a look into our beauty section for more articles.