Cheesecake is ideal for a summer dessert. It’s refreshing, spectacular and can successfully replace a birthday cake. And you don’t need an oven to make this tasty recipe. So let’s get started with our No Bake Strawberry Vanilla Cheesecake recipe.
Ingredients for crust:
- 400 g digestive biscuits
- 150 g melted butter
Ingredients for filling:
- 600 g cream cheese
- 500 ml heavy whipping cream
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 100 ml cold water
- 100 ml hot milk
- 20 g gelatin
- Seeds from a vanilla pod
Ingredients for jelly:
- 300 g frozen strawberries
- 100 ml cold water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 10 g gelatin
- 300 g fresh strawberries
Cooking Method: No Bake Strawberry Vanilla Cheesecake
- First of all, crush the biscuits with a food processor. Break the biscuits a little bit, and crush it to a fine powder. Over the crushed biscuits, add the melted butter and mix it with a fork until the biscuits will be well combined with the butter. If you prefer you can use any type of biscuits, for example, chocolate biscuits.
- After mixing very well the biscuits, until they reached the texture of wet sand. In order to create the crust, take a big plate and put the ring of a springform pan with a diameter of 24 cm. In this ring put the biscuits and flatten them with your palm. Then use a measuring cup or a bowl or glass, and with this cup flatten the crust in order to compact it. Now put the crust in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until the crust hardened.
- To prepare the filling, start with gelatin, which you’ll need to soak it in the cold water for 10 minutes to bloom. After the gelatin bloomed, put it in the hot milk, make sure it’s not boiling milk but only hot enough to burn a little bit your finger. Mix it well to dissolve the gelatin.
- Leave the gelatin aside, and continue with the rest of the filling. In a bowl of a standing mixer, put the cream cheese which is at room temperature. Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla seeds. Now start mixing very well to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then add the whipping cream little by little. Increase the speed and mix it for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer, and add the milk and gelatin mixture little by little. Increase again the speed for 1 minute, and now your filling cream it’s ready.
- Now remove the mixer bowl and continue with the fresh strawberries. Cut the ends off, then cut every strawberry in half. Put the strawberries in a bowl and keep it aside, it’s for decoration.
- After the crust has hardened, you can arrange the strawberries which you cut earlier. Arrange them all around the ring. And at the end, pour slowly the filling which is liquid now but it will set beautifully in the fridge.
- Gently rotate the plate to spread evenly the filling. Now put the cake into the fridge, for at least 6 hours, or better overnight.
- For the jelly, soak the gelatin in 100 ml water. The water should be at room temperature, let it bloom for 10 minutes. While the gelatin it’s soaking, put the strawberries in a saucepan and add sugar. Mix lightly, and let the strawberries simmer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, set the strawberries aside. Mash the strawberries to a puree & and let the puree to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Pour the gelatin over the puree and mix it. Cool down the sauce to reach room temperature. After the cake has set, pour the sauce over it and cover it very well. Put the cake back in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until the jelly it’s firm.
So this is the extraordinary cake you should definitely try. Keep an eye on our Food Guide for more tasty recipes.