This Moroccan Lentil Soup is simple, delicious, detox, and friendly with digestion and liver. It is packed with protein and flavor, and it’s a good option for a quick lunch or dinner!
Moroccan Lentil Soup
I make lentil soup almost every day because it is rich in protein. This delicious soup has detoxifying effects and contains fiber and proteins. Moroccan Lentil Soup is my favorite meal and might be yours too!
This lentil soup can be made with brown or green lentils or a mix of both, combined with freshly chopped vegetables and natural spices!
As health-conscious, I usually make my Moroccan Lentil Soup with natural ingredients that improve my digestion. To make this recipe, you need fresh ginger, cumin, smoked paprika, ground cinnamon, and other ingredients.
What Happens If You Eat Lentils Every Day?
Lentils lower cholesterol due to their high levels of fiber protects against colon cancer and diabetes.
Prevent constipation and provides the body with folate, iron, potassium. It can improve digestion, stabilize blood sugar levels, promote weight loss, and it is a good protein source for vegans!
The best part is the creamy texture and super fast cooking time. It never took me more than 40 minutes to make it. Even my meat-eater family members loved it!
What type of lentil goes well in Moroccan Lentil Soup? Green or brown lentil or even a mix of both.
What Type of Lentils Are Best for Moroccan Lentil Soup?
Green/Brown Lentils: These two types go great in soups. It takes 40 minutes maximum to cook, and it keeps its shape. It has a meaty texture and a mellow flavor.
Red Lentils: If you like creamy soups, this type might be what you’re looking for! It cooks fast but not keeping its shape. So add it in other soups or meals as a thickening agent or as a protein source. It won’t change the meal flavor.
Looking for more soups?
Moroccan Lentil Soup
This Detox Moroccan Lentil Soup is simple, delicious, and good for your digestion and liver. The most delicious soup packed with protein and flavor, and it’s a good option for lunch and dinner!
- 1 cup green/brown or both lentils
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups baby spinach (optional as an iron source)
How to Make Moroccan Lentil Soup
1. In a pot, heat the oil/butter and add the onion, carrot, garlic, and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until slightly soft.
2. Season with salt, pepper, and remaining spices. Cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add washed lentils and cook for 2 minutes, then add the vegetable broth, water, and tomato paste. Mix it well.
4. Bring the Moroccan lentil soup to a boil, cover it with a lid and let it cook over low to medium flame for 35 minutes.
5. Turn off the flame and mix spinach and lemon juice. Keep mixing until spinach gets wilted.
Garnish Moroccan Lentil Soup with vegan yogurt, naan bread, fresh parsley, cracked black pepper, and sliced jalapeno pepper. This post is available in Romanian