We all get problems with our hair, it becomes dry and damaged and salons are expensive! but now you don’t need to worry anymore, I’ve prepared a few homemade hair masks and I’ll teach you how to save a bunch of money with my natural hair masks.
There are a several ways to combat the dry air of winter which damages your hair. Here are a few tips:
- Don’t wash your hair daily, every time you wash your hair, you’re stripping it of its natural beneficial oils. In winter especially, your hair really needs those!
- Skip the hairdryer, I totally agree I used hairdryer but I do limit my usage, try not to dry it every time you shower. Try to limit drying to once or twice a week, you’ll be saving your hair a lot of damage.
- Run a humidifier. You should really be doing this – it’s good for skin and your airways but it will definitely help your hair.
- Use a moisturizing homemade hair mask treatment. (I bet you saw that one coming!)
Hair Mask for Dry Hair
It’s not hard to make a mask for your hair. In fact, it will involve a lot of the same ingredients you would use for a mask for your skin. So using the homemade hair mask will be just as simple!
A very simple mask you can make it.
- You need about a quarter of a cup of warmed coconut oil. (it needs to be in its liquid state). Simply apply it to your hair (wet or dry, it doesn’t matter) and leave it for at least an hour. If you want to keep this treatment overnight, make sure you take necessary precautions, like a shower cap. Coconut oil stain clothing and linens. More info about oil here:Coconut Oil Benefits The Ultimate Solution to Skin & Hair Problems
Avocado & Egg Yolk
Turns out egg really is a great thing to put in your hair. For a moisturizing, restorative, make-it-shine homemade hair mask, mix it with some avocado!
- ½ an avocado + 2 egg yolks
Mix ingredients well. Apply to wet or dry hair and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing and washing hair.
Yogurt, Honey & Olive Oil
I know honey not sound like something you want to apply on your hair, & I understand. It’s the stickiest substance found in nature, but when you mix it with some yogurt and olive oil, it’s an important component to helping get back in shape.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup yogurt
Mix the ingredients well. Apply to damp hair, and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse and wash your hair, and allow to dry as normal.
Good luck getting your hair back to its happy, healthy, shiny state. Which homemade hair mask do you think you’ll try first?