We, women, know how important feminine hygiene is but the products we’re using are really natural? Upon a close examination, this wasn’t really true. So I’ve come with something natural for your daily feminine wash, Let’s take a look at this homemade DIY feminine wash.
Homemade DIY Feminine Wash
- Vinegar will kill any bacteria & help keep the vagina at the proper PH.
- Chamomile tea makes a great gentle cleanser with mild antibacterial properties.
- Elm & marshmallows root, are soothing and cooling and can help reduce inflammation & help speed healing.
- Grapeseed oil (or another light carrier oil) is an excellent moisturizer.
- The lavender essential oil can help bacteria from forming.
- Liquid soap will help hold anything foreign in suspension until it can be rinsed away.
Homemade DIY Feminine Wash
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup chamomile tea cooled
- 2 tablespoons Castile soap, (I will tell you below how to make)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or jojoba oil or sweet almond oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Brew tea and allow it to cool.
- Mix all ingredients together & keep in a sealed glass jar.
- Shake your feminine wash well and apply some to a soft washcloth. Gently clean the area, always rinsing well when finished.
- Vinegar and lavender oil can burn if applied directly, so be sure to mix well. Use only once or twice a week to avoid irritation.
Amazing Natural Liquid Soap| Homemade DIY Feminine Wash
It’s all natural and works great as a shampoo, body wash, hand soap, and even dish soap!
- Alkali component Sodium hydroxide used to make hard bar soap while potassium hydroxide is harder to find and comes in flakes, not beads, the flakes are easier to work with, but are still caustic, so wear gloves & protectives eyewear.
- Coconut oil, olive oil, rice bran oil, another oil such as soybean, safflower, grape seed oil, sunflower oil, distilled water, liquid vegetable glycerin, and any scent or color you want to add. You can use any of these ingredients but not the potassium hydroxide.
All potassium hydroxide is eliminated during the soap making process. It’s no longer caustic at this point.
Liquid Soap Equipment| Homemade DIY Feminine Wash
- Like hot process soap making, you’ll need a slow cooker, a stick blender, quart jar, a potato masher, & plastic stirring spoons, you will need a kitchen scale.
Read Next: 12 Unbelievable Ancient Beauty Tricks
How to make the homemade DIY feminine wash
- 10 ounces of coconut oil (unrefined)
- 10 ounces olive oil
- 13 ounces other oil- body (grapeseed), dish or laundry (soybean)
- 5 ounces sunflower oil (organic)
- 9 ounces Koh (potassium hydroxide)
- 25 ounces distilled water
- 60 ounces distilled water (for diluting the soap paste)
- 16 ounces of liquid vegetable glycerine (organic)
- 3 ounces essential oil
- The natural colorant of your choice (use a small amount)
- Ventilate your work area well, put your gloves and goggles and cover your work area with a newspaper.
- Start measuring your oils and place them in the pot. (You need a scale the measured weight for all ingredients)
- Turn the pot on high flame and melt all the oils
- Place 25 ounces of distilled water into a glass or bowl, measure out the KOH and slowly pour into water.
- Once mixed add this mixture to the oils, combine by hand to blend the solutions, then start using the stick blender, the mixture will be kind of chunky and want to separate, but you keep blend for 5 min, then walk away.
- Cover and keep on high for the first 30-60 min, then turn it to low.
- Keep coming to stir from time to time, it will start to take shape, after 2 hours it will look translucent. Use stainless steel masher at this point, it’s heavy and sticky.
- To test it, place a spoonful in some hot water and stir really well. It will take a bit to dissolve it if the water is clear you can continue the dilution stage if it’s all cloudy continue cooking.
- Liquid dilution- heat 60 ounces water until hot, not boiling (measure by weight), then add vegetable glycerine liquid and mix together. Add this mixture in the pot and use a masher if needed, you can leave on low for a few hours.