Creamy and tangy Avocado Mayo Recipe, packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, and nutrition. The perfect mayonnaise for sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and much more.
Avocado Mayo Recipe – Healthy Vegan Mayonnaise
This avocado mayo recipe is a healthier option than the usual high-fat mayonnaise. It can be easily made in a blender and is so delicious! We loved this recipe and you will too!
Is Avocado Mayonnaise Healthy?
Yes! Avocado is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats and a good option for those avoiding eggs and vegans. Avocado provides a good source of vitamin C, E, K, and B-6. They also provide your body with lutein, omega-3 fatty acids, and beta-carotene.
Replace the regular mayonnaise with this avocado mayo recipe, use it for dressings, in pasta salads, accompaniment for baked or fried potatoes, or anything else that works with mayo.
Must try: Avocado Butter Spread Recipe
How to Make The Healthiest Avocado Mayo Recipe
For this recipe, we used just a little bit of oil to create a low-fat version, and it came out delicious. Replace some of the oil with water and get a healthy vegan mayo.
- 2/3 cup ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp oil, or replace 1 tbsp with some water for a low-fat mayo
1. Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the pulp.
2. Transfer the pulp into a blender and add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, water, and oil. Optional you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat.
3. Blend all together until creamy. Store your avocado mayo in an airtight recipient and refrigerate for a maximum of 3 days.