Fried Rice With Peanuts, Chili & Coriander
Fried rice with peanuts, chili, and coriander it’s an Indian inspired recipe. It is very easy to prepare with oriental flavors and a discreet note of citrus
Next: Vegetarian Quinoa Salad
Indian Inspiration, Fried rice with peanuts, chili, and coriander.
It’s the perfect garnish for the main course of fish or chicken. Moreover, it can even be the main course, especially if you are a vegetarian. So, let’s get started!
Ingredients for fried rice with peanuts, chili, and coriander.
- 360g Basmati rice (boiled)
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (or more, according to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, or 4 ghee (clarified butter) – or both 4tbsp oil/4tbsp ghee.
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds (rai)
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 120g roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- 2 green chilies (halved)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Preparation method for fried rice with peanuts, chili, and coriander.
- Mix boiled rice with lime juice, and salt.
- Put a medium pan over medium flame.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ghee or olive oil, and mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds started cracking, put the pan aside and add curry leaves.
- Put the pan back on the flame and add peanuts.
- Cook peanuts until golden-brown, then take the pan and mix the ingredients with boiled rice.
- Add ghee in the same pan, let it heat up and then add chilies, turmeric, and onion.
- Cook for about 6-7 minutes
- Now add the rice over the onion, mix well, and garnish with coriander.
- Add salt or lime juice to taste.