Today we’ve got an easy, but refined pasta recipe. Cooked with a delicious and creamy spinach and mushroom sauce and of course whole wheat farfalle pasta. You can enjoy a delicious meal without any meat, by trying this vegetarian creamy spinach and mushroom farfalle pasta recipe.
Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Farfalle Pasta Recipe
Because we’re allowed to eat some carbs during weekend, we’ve got the yummiest creamy spinach and mushroom farfalle pasta just for you!
Serving size – 4.
Preparation time – 10 minutes.
Cooking time – 20 minutes.
Also try: Tomato soup with tortellini
Ingredients: Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Farfalle Pasta
- 300 grams Whole wheat farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Chopped onions
- 100 grams Spinach (blanched and chopped)
- 100 grams Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 100 ml Fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp. Olives (sliced)
- 1 tsp. Capers
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- 50 grams Grated parmesan cheese
- A small handful of basil leaves (roughly chopped)
Also try: Pasta puttanesca recipe
Method: Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Farfalle Pasta
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, with 1 pinch of salt and oil, for 8-10 minutes. We suggest that you cook the sauce first, then cook pasta whilst sauce is simmering.
- To make the sauce: Warm olive oil in a pan on medium heat, then add crushed garlic, onions, mushrooms, spinach and cook, stir occasionally for about a minute, until it is softened.
- Check the pasta: when it is how you like it, al dente (tender but still firm enough to bite or slightly softer, drain it.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and add cream, fresh basil, olives, capers, parsley, oregano, and seasoning, gently stir well until the pasta is thoroughly coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese (optional) for a truly Italian touch.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy your creamy spinach and mushroom farfalle pasta, with garlic croutons or toasted bread as accompaniments.