Coconut Oil Benefits The Ultimate Solution to Skin & Hair Problems
Skin and hair care using coconut oil
Coconut oil is considered a highly nutritious product that has many uses, from food preparation to its use as a basic ingredient in dermatological cosmetics (hair and skin care). In addition, coconut oil is indispensable in many raw-vegan diets and has numerous benefits for the body. So, we are going to talk about coconut oil today. I’ve prepared a useful article for you so that you could not only find out coconut oil benefits for your health but also how can you use it in your daily activities.
Coconut Oil Benefits and Its Nutritional Compositions| Coconut Oil Benefits
Coconut oil is the only vegetable oil with the highest concentration of fatty acids, coconut oil it is recommended to people who want to lose weight and those who do sports because the acid content it’s quickly assimilated into the body and transformed into energy. These fats have therapeutic effects on the body, raise the “good“ cholesterol and protect against cardiovascular disease. In addition, coconut oil contains 10% fewer calories than other vegetable oils.
Another benefit of coconut oil is stimulating the immune system due to natural antioxidants. It contains vitamin A, C, D, iron, and calcium, which helps regulate digestion and metabolism. Reported to 100 grams of coconut oil has 862 calories.
How to choose healthy coconut oil? Coconut Oil Benefits
As like other oils, there are also several types: virgin, extra-virgin, hot or cold pressed, refined or unrefined. Here are the characteristics of each type and which is the best of them. If you really want to make the most out of coconut oil benefits, choose carefully. See below:
- Chemically refined oil – this is obtained by a process of distillation with the use of chemicals at high temperatures.
- Virgin or extra-virgin – is pressed or extracted by a cold mechanical pressing process of raw, fresh or dried coconut oil, being the healthiest.
- Unrefined coconut oil – Especially cold extract, organic, this is the most beneficial of all because it keeps unchanged all its properties.
How is coconut beneficial for the body? Coconut Oil Benefits
Coconut oil has proven many benefits for health. Here are coconut oil benefits for your body:
- Protect the heart (cardiovascular protection) due to high lauric acid, coconut oil stimulates the production of HDL cholesterol (known as good cholesterol) in the body. This type of beneficial cholesterol reaches the liver which is decomposed, does not affect the blood vessels and therefore reduces the risk of heart disease, it is advisable to consume 1 teaspoon of coconut oil per day to benefit.
- Regulates metabolism– contains a medium chain of triglycerides that can increase the burning fat deposits in the body, because the middle chains break down more easily, also helping increase energy levels.
- Protects internal organs– Because of a medium chain of triglycerides, lauric acid, and fatty acids, coconut oil prevents liver diseases, these substances transform into energy once they reach into the liver and prevent the accumulation of fat in the body. Proven to deal with viruses and bacteria also detoxify the body.
- Help maintain bone density– Calcium is an important component of bones and teeth, and coconut oil facilitates the absorption of calcium in the body, helping to strengthen teeth and maintain bone strength. It also prevents the appearance of caries, prevents the formation of tartar, but also osteoporosis.
- Candida– This infection is caused by a high number of bacteria, called Candida albicans, found in the intestines and the mouth, coconut oil calms the inflammation caused by candida, and because of its high moisture retaining capacity, it prevents skin leaching.
- Soothe neck pain– to treat irritated throat, make a gargle with a mixture of spoonful coconut oil and hot lemon water. Fatty acids of coconut oil have a disinfecting effect due to its anti-microbial properties.
- Beneficial for breastfeeding– In the case of mothers who breastfeed and consume 3-4 spoons of coconut oil, along with vitamin D, increase the amount of milk and its nutritional intake.
- Calms diaper Erythema– Coconut oil is a good natural, anti-inflammatory remedy that relieves baby’s festive Erythema. It soothes pain, redness, and itching.
- Regulates blood sugar levels– Due to lauric acid, coconut oil in the diet regulates blood sugar levels and contributes to better glucose tolerance.
How you can use coconut oil in the kitchen? Coconut Oil Benefits
It is high temperature resistant and its composition remains unchanged. It does not oxidize and not producing harmful effects like other oils. The firing point is 180 degrees. While coconut oil benefits are countless, here’s how you can use it in the kitchen:
- Can replace butter oil, normally used in the kitchen. You can add it in your salads, tea or milk to get a special flavor.
- You can simply consume it on a slice of bread with honey, can replace synthetic energies, 1- 2 teaspoons are enough to get your nutrients.
- You can prepare your own peanut butter mix in the kitchen robot two teaspoons of coconut oil and nuts (cashew, almonds, pecan nuts). For more flavor, you can add cinnamon or honey.
- Healthy baby toffees– combine coconut oil and coconut, cardamom, cinnamon or vanilla. You’ll get a healthy snack for kids.
- Natural chocolate sauce with coconut oil, so you can make it by mixing cocoa and coconut oil in equal quantities, which is obviously healthy.
How you can use coconut oil as a cosmetic product? Coconut Oil Benefits
Coconut oil has multiple benefits for hair and skin. Coconut oil benefits are basically countless. See below:
- For skin– you can apply coconut oil directly on your skin massaging gently until it is absorbed in the skin, resulting in brighter and rejuvenated skin. Your skin becomes firm and can cure the epidermis quickly.
- Mask for hair– The fatty acids from coconut oil makes your hair healthier and shinier, prevent splits. If you want to apply the mask you need to wash your hair and after drying apply coconut oil and wrap it in a towel, leave it overnight.
- Body lotion–Coconut oil can be used as lotion instead of regular lotion, hydrate and restore the epidermis, you can apply it after showering on wet skin in a thin layer.