This traditional Christmas cake recipe is the perfect combination of fruits, nuts and spices. We love everything about this cake. The sweet combination of honey, figs, and almonds turns this recipe into a delicious dessert.
Christmas Cake Recipe: A True Delight for Your Taste Buds
It works wonders with my morning coffee, so I felt about 50% guilty of having this delicious cake before work. So, let’s get started my foodies!
Ingredients for Christmas Cake Recipe
- 750 grams of mix dry fruits
- 100 grams of chopped almonds
- 100 grams of orange peel, finely chopped
- 200 grams of dry figs
- 100 grams of iced cherries
- 300 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 250 grams of lightly salted butter
- 250 grams of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 3 tablespoons liqueur (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a spring form pan with butter or use baking paper
- In a large bowl, add dry fruit mix, almonds, orange zest, figs, and cherries
- Add flour, spices, and lemon zest, and mix well.
Try: Vegan Fruit Tart
- In another bowl, beat butter with sugar, and then add honey, molasses, and vanilla.
- Continue to beat, and incorporate the eggs, and then add the dry fruit mix with flour.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk and add it to the composition.
- Add the liqueur and mix a little, until you get the desired consistency.
Also try: Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Pour your batter into the spring form pan, and bake for two hours.
- Do the toothpick test, (if it comes out clean, the cake it’s ready!)
- Let your delicious cake cool, and then take it out from the spring form pan.
- Decorate the edge of the cake with figs. And of course, serve with coffee! 😀