How to make vegetarian quiche? The best vegetarian quiche recipe, the perfect brunch or breakfast option. There are many veggie combinations to choose from, and we tried to make it with baby spinach and mushroom. Easy, flavourful, and of course eggless!
How to make The Best Vegetarian Quiche Recipe
If you want to know how to make vegetarian quiche, this is the best vegetarian quiche recipe you should try! French tart, hearty, tasty, full of fresh veggies and aroma. Enjoy it warm or cold at breakfast, dinner, or as a snack.
Vegetarian Quice Recipe
– 150 grams all-purpose flour
– ¼ cup coconut oil (unmelted)
– 4 tablespoons cold water (ice cold)
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 3 cups baby spinach
– 250 grams button mushrooms
– 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
– 2 medium onions (chopped)
– 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ tsp black salt aka Kala namak
– ¼ tsp turmeric powder
– 1 tsp corn starch
– ½ each onion/garlic powder
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
– 400 grams tofu
– 2 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
Try Other Delicious Recipes
How to Make Best Vegetarian Quiche Recipe
1. For the crust: In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt. Add coconut oil and mix until crumbly. Also, add the cold water and mix again into a tart dough.
2. Transfer to a work surface dusted with flour. Roll into a sheet as big as your tart pan.
3. Gently, take the rolled dough, set it into the pan, tuck the edges and remove dough excess. Refrigerate while making the filling.
4. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
5. Prepare vegetarian quiche filling: In a food processor, add tofu, onion and garlic powder, turmeric, nutritional yeast, non-dairy milk, salt + kala namak, and corn starch. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
6. In a pan, add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Cook until the onion is soft. Then add the button mushroom and let it cook.
7. Add the spinach and let it wilt for 2 minutes.
8. Now, combine the tofu mix with veggies. Add this filling to your prepared tart. Put the tomatoes on top and bake it in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve vegetarian quiche warm or cold.
You can store the leftovers covered for four days. It is very delicious served warm, but it’s okay! You can still enjoy it straight from the fridge. We hope you will try this and enjoy the best vegetarian quiche recipe.
Photo source: Freepik.com