This Vegan Apple Pie is the perfect dessert for this winter season with an incredible flavour! It’s so easy to make and at the same time so delicious, and the best part is that it can be made sugar and gluten-free also.
Vegan Apple Pie (Delicious Easy Recipe)
I love this combination of apple and cinnamon and apart from the fact that the taste of this Vegan Apple pie it’s divine, it fills my entire kitchen with a delightful scent.
I always cook this recipe whenever apples are in season or as a simple yet yummy dessert for Christmas or Thanksgiving. You should try it this festive season!
How to Make The Best Vegan Pie Crust
The traditional crust recipe requires butter, flour, sugar, and water but to make a vegan pie I used vegan butter and I assure you guys the results are impressive.
Christmas is just around the corner and it’s probably the perfect time to put your creativity to work. Use cookie cutters and create nice snowflakes, flowers, reindeers, Christmas trees or whatever you like most.
Also try: Vegan Cinnamon Blueberry Rolls
Can I Make Gluten-free Apple Pie?
Definitely! Replace all-purpose flour with a mix of gluten-free flour and voila!
Can I Make Sugar-free Apple Pie?
Refined sugar can be replaced with Erithrol, stevia powder, or coconut sugar. Skip sugar if you prefer.
Best Vegan Apple Pie
Deliciously and divine Vegan Apple Pie with an incredible flavor! It’s so easy to make and at the same time so delicious, and it can be made sugar and gluten-free also.
- 370g all-purpose flour, sub for the gluten-free flour mix
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 220g vegan butter, cubed and chilled
- 4 tbsp ice-cold water
Apple Pie Filling:
- 1kg apples, peeled and cored
- 90g white sugar, skip or replace with coconut sugar or other sweeteners of choice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
Instructions Vegan Apple Pie Filling:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Peel and core the apples then thinly slice.
3. Transfer the apples to a mixing bowl and add sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix it well and set it aside.
Instructions Apple Pie:
1. In a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt. Add cold butter and start mixing by hand. While incorporating the butter add gradually the ice-cold water as well. You can make the pie crust in a food processor.
2. When a dough is formed, cut it in half and make two balls then wrap it in foil. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, dust your working surface with some flour and start rolling one dough ball. Grease the pie pan with some vegetable oil or vegan butter then transfer the dough to the greased pan. Press on sides and poke it at the bottom with a fork.
4. Add the apple filling and set it aside while rolling the second dough ball. Now it’s the time to put your creativity to work. Create any nice design to top your apple pie.
5. When done, brush the sides with some plant-based milk or coconut oil, then sprinkle 1 tsp of brown sugar all over the pie.
6. Bake the Vegan Apple Pie in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. To prevent extra browning cover the sides with tin foil.
7. Serve with a nice scoop of ice cream or vanilla powdered sugar.