The Best Pesto Sauce With Almonds and Basil, Perfect For Bruschetta With Mozzarella and Cherry Tomatoes
The classic pesto it’s made with pine seeds, but did you know you can get the best pesto sauce by replacing pine seeds with roasted almonds? I assure you, this is the best pesto with almonds and basil!
A jar of pesto preserved in the refrigerator can save a lot of dishes: be it pizza, pasta, rice or bruschetta. It will give a great taste to your recipes, and it is worth preparing it at home. Don’t worry if you don’t have pine seeds, pesto sauce it can be prepared from almonds or any other nuts.
Keep it in the fridge, and use it for bruschetta with mozzarella and tomatoes, over pizza instead of tomato sauce, whole grain pasta, and goat cheese or as a flavor for boiled rice.
Ingredients for the Best Pesto with Almonds and Basil
- 125 grams’ almonds
- 60 grams’ fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 125 milliliters olive oil
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Rock salt
Preparation method for the Best Pesto with Almonds and Basil (step by step)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the almonds and garlic clove in a tray and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool, and transfer it in a blender along with the other ingredients.
- Mix everything well, until a creamy paste is obtained.
- Keep it in a jar and refrigerate it, it works wonderfully with fresh bruschetta and mozzarella & cherry tomatoes. I love the combination between pasta and pesto sauce, it’s super yummy!
There you have our best pesto with almonds and basil, It’s tasty and healthy. Definitely, you should give it a try as well to our delicious and easy recipe of Chicken Pasta with Tomato Sauce.