The best and most delicious Avocado Hummus Recipe. Creamy and smooth texture for pita chips or bread, veggie sticks, healthy dip or vegetable sandwhich spread. You choose how to enjoy it!
Best Avocado Hummus Recipe Under 10 Minutes
Are you craving for a quick snack but at the same time you are being health conscious? Try this healthy Avocado Hummus Recipe! It takes only 10 minutes and it is the perfect midday snack option.
I love to eat this hummus with cucumber sticks, especially now during hot summer days. You can also try it with carrots, red or yellow bell pepper strips or any other veggie of your choice.
Ingredients for Avocado Hummus Recipe
Chickpeas: You can use canned chickpeas, (drained and rinsed) for faster preparation time or boil overnight soaked chickpeas and drain excess water.
Tahini: This ingredient can be adjusted according to how strong you want the avocado flavor to be. Less for a stronger avocado flavor or more for a classic hummus flavor.
Must Try: Avocado Mayo Recipe
Can The Leftover Be Stored?
I recommend you guys to eat it as soon as possible because the avocado might turn brown due to oxidation. However, if you have leftovers, store it in an airtight container and put the avocado seed in the middle before covering it with the lid.
Also try: Chickpeas Spinach Curry Recipe
How to Make Avocado Hummus Recipe
- 425g chickpeas (if canned, drain and rinse well)
- 2 medium ripe avocado
- 1 ½ tahini (or adjust as per your taste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling on top)
- 3 tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- Chili flakes (for garnishing)
- In a food procesor, add chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Pulse for 2-3 minutes or until it turns smooth and creamy.
- Season with black pepper and some salt according to your taste and pulse again for 1 minute.
- Transfer the hummus in a bowl, drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle chili flakes and some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve avocado hummus with tortilla chips, pita chips, or veggie sticks