Garlic is one of the most valued plants in Ayurvedic medicine. Whether it is consumed raw, roasted, pickled, or as a syrup, garlic provides a full house power of antiviral benefits. Garlic syrup can treat coughs, nasal congestion, phlegm, and sore throat. It might be beneficial for bronchitis as well.
Garlic Syrup: Natural Antibiotic for Flu
It’s easy to make and, it comes in handy whenever you get flu. It is the best remedy for flushing out excessive phlegm, coughs, sore throat, and congestion. Take one sip of garlic syrup daily during the cold season to get rid of flu symptoms.
Garlic contains powerful medicinal properties that can combat cold, flu, improve blood pressure, flush out phlegm, and lower LDL cholesterol levels.
– 2 cups of water
– 1 ½ cup freshly chopped garlic
– 1 tsp cumin seeds
– 1 tsp coriander seeds
– 1 tbsp fennel seeds
– 1 cup of organic honey
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
– 1 slice lemon (optional)
How to Make
1. Add 2 cups of water in a stainless steel pot and 1 ½ chopped garlic.
2. Toss in the seeds, and boil until garlic softens.
3. Transfer the mixture into a glass jar and put on a lid.
4. Let it sit 8-12 hours.
5. After 8-12 hours, put the mixture back into a stainless steel pot and add 1 cup honey, AVG, and lemon (if used).
6. Bring the syrup to a boil.
7. Take the pot off the flame and let it cool.
8. Transfer into a glass jar and seal it with a lid.
9. Store in the fridge for a maximum of six months.
Take one teaspoon of garlic syrup every morning if you have acute symptoms of cold/flu or nasal congestion.
Read This Post in Romanian