If you’re looking for a vegetarian burger recipe, then you should try this aloo tikki burger recipe. Lentils, chickpeas, peas, quinoa are excellent protein sources. It can replace meat in burgers successfully. Potatoes along with fresh vegetables and with the right spices can result in delicious meatless burger patties.
Also checkout: Avocado garlic butter spread
Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe with Quinoa & Vegetables
We love to transform regular recipes into healthy versions. This recipe combines quinoa, which contains complete proteins, boiled potatoes, and smoked paprika. It works great with a tzatziki sauce or mayonnaise.
Ingredients for aloo tikki burger recipe
- 2 burger buns
- 850g boiled potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 100g Quinoa (boiled and cooled)
- 1 tbsp Green chili chopped, or ¼ chili flakes
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- one handful fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup green peas (frozen or boiled)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Tomato (4 slices)
- Few leaves of baby spinach
- Salt, black pepper, and chat masala (to taste)
Cooking Method for Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe
1. Boil potatoes and quinoa, and allow to cool.
2. Preheat the oven at 200° C.
3. Heat the oil in a pan then, saute the onion and garlic.
4. Allow to cook for a few minutes, then add smoked paprika, chili, lemon juice, and coriander.
5. Cook for a few minutes. Mash potatoes, and add the onion mixture, and rest of the ingredients.
6. Mix all the ingredients, and start making the aloo Tikki patties.
7. Place them in a baking tray coated with parchment paper.
8. Spray a little bit of oil on each patty, and bake for 40 minutes.
9. Put hot patties on buns, followed by tomato slices, onion slices, and baby spinach.
10. Add mayonnaise or tzatziki sauce.
Aloo tikki burger recipe can be combined with various veggies, like carrots, cabbage, peas, chickpeas, lentils. Add anything you like! The taste will be delicious. Indian burgers are fried in oil and coated with breadcrumbs, but this is our healthier version.